Please read these rules (“Terms, Rules and Conditions”) before submitting and delivering your Art Critique study for the 4th round of Farouk Hosny Foundation for Culture & Arts Awards 2023 competition. By participating in this competition, You, absolutely, irrevocably and without any conditions, acknowledge and agree to abide by and be bound by the following rules, terms and conditions:
- Your art critique study (“The participations”) can only be submitted through the online competition registration page, which can be accessed via the following link http://apply.farukhosnyfoundation.org.
- Participations will be accepted from 00:01 on September 1, 2022 until 24:00 on November 2022 in Egypt time (GMT+2). No participations submitted after the specified time will be accepted.
- The participant must be an individual whose age is not less than eighteen (18) years and not more than thirty-five (35) years by December 31, 2022.
- By accepting these rules, you confirm that you are at least eighteen (18) years old and not older than thirty-five (35) years by December 31, 2022. You also understand and agree that the Award will be disqualified automatically and without additional notice for any Art Critique study found to be submitted by a participant under the age of eighteen (18) years and over thirty-five (35) years by December 31, 2022.
The Art Critique Study
- The submitted Art Critique study must not contain any logos and/or symbols and/or any signs and/or other added marks. The Foundation reserves the right to evaluate and exclude any Art Critique study it considers, in its absolute discretion, to be in violation of the foregoing.
- Any Art Critique study that is or contains any inappropriate, offensive and/or other content deemed inconsistent with public morals will be disqualified.
- It is not permissible to participate in any art critique study that won previous awards, in one of the local or international competitions, or any other competitions where it is declared winning before the 1st of September 2022, and it is not permissible to submit any art critique study that was previously used for any commercial purpose, to participate in the competitions. Any art critique study that does not comply with the above will be automatically disqualified from the competition and without any further notice
8. The competition award is 60,000 EGP (sixty thousand Egyptian pounds) only. The first winner will receive 30,000 EGP (thirty thousand Egyptian pounds) and a trophy, the second winner will receive 20,000 EGP (twenty thousand Egyptian pounds) and the third winner will receive 10,000 EGP (ten thousand Egyptian pounds) in the final stage.
9. The judging committee appointed by the Foundation evaluates the Art Critique study and determines the winning Art Critique study.
11. Only the winning Art Critique study that made it to the final stage will be exhibited in the group exhibition catalog.
12. The Organizing Committee of the competition communicates with the qualified participants, and the qualified participants must provide the judging committee with their personal information from the date of the participation request, and the cash award will be awarded to the winners in person only.
13. The judging committee and the Foundation have the right to withdraw and/or withhold the award from the winners if they are not present in person on the day of presenting the award.
14. The judging committee has the right to reject or not accept any of the participating art critique study at its absolute discretion and without the need to send a notification or explain the reasons for that rejection or non-acceptance to the concerned participant.
15. The foundation and/or the judging committee alone, according to their absolute discretion, shall decide the right of the manner and/or display of the art critique study participating in the collective exhibition without the participant’s objection to the manner and/or display of the participating art critique study and the presentation shall be binding on all participants.
16. Winners are responsible for paying any taxes, fees, governmental, local, and/or union fees levied on any award they may obtain by participating in the competition.
17. The award judging committee’s decision on all matters relating to the competition shall be final and binding on all participants and may not be objected to.
18. The contestant’s qualification does not mean candidacy for the final stage, and the submission of the nominated art critique study for review by the judging committee does not mean passing the final stage and/or winning the competition.
19. The art critique study will be published in case of passing the final stage, according to the competition schedule and rules.
20. The Farouk Hosny Foundation for Culture & Arts is solely responsible for the competition and for setting all the rules, terms and conditions of the competition.
21. Any incorrect data or mismatch in the data of the application for the participation or the request for submission of the art critique study and the lack of the required attachments means complete exclusion from the competition without any financial or moral responsibility on the foundation.
22. The Farouk Hosny Foundation for Culture & Arts reserves the right to cancel the competition, withhold the award, change the terms and conditions and/or choose the venue and organization of the collective exhibition for the competition and/or cancel it.
23. The Farouk Hosny Foundation for Culture & Arts is not responsible for any expenses in the competition, including transportation of the contestants or the participating paintings to and from the collective exhibition or the foundation’s headquarters and/or any tax and/or any other expenses.
24. The Foundation does not bear any insurance costs for the participating art critique study.
25. The Foundation retains the right of publishing the art critique study from the date of its receipt.
26. The qualified contestant is not entitled to request or withdraw the art critique study until the end of the collective exhibition. In the event of his insistence, this shall be considered an official withdrawal from participation and stripping them of all literary rights in the event they win the competition and the Foundation shall recover the value of the award and/or the trophy and/or the certificate of appreciation.
27. The contestant is obligated to attend and actively participate in the opening of the collective exhibition in case of passing the final stage.
Intellectual Property Rights
28. In the event that your art critique study reaches the final stage of arbitration, you grant the Foundation a permanent, global, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license to use, publish, copy, display, perform, modify, revise, create derivative works from, distribute and grant the right to distribute, print and promote your critique study, or any part thereof in any way and use any media, whether now known or at any later time and anywhere in the world and for any purpose in connection with the competition and publication in the Award’s print and digital promotional materials such as Award magazines and/or brochures and pamphlets and/or the Award’s website and/or other publicly available websites and/or promotion of subsequent competitions and/or generally promoting the work of the Award.
29. In the event that the submitted art critique study qualifies for the final stage, you grant the Foundation a permanent, global, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license that can be granted to others, to use, publish, copy, display, distribute and promote photographs of the art critique study and your personal photos, in any way and use any of the media whether now known or at any time in any part of the world and for any purpose, including but not limited to: exhibiting in an exhibition of winners, publishing in a book containing a selection of the works entered into the competition, publishing in award publications or highlighting the participations or the winner of the competition in the websites and in general promotion of the work of the award.
30. By accepting these rules, you accept to banish harm from the Foundation, the Award Judging Committee, its partners, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, agents, employees, officers and representatives and to release indemnify and discharge all liability, claims, judgments, requests, disputes, agreements, indemnities, suits and causes of action of any kind – and whatever their causes or nature – arising out of or in any way related to the competition or the conduct of the competition or the acceptance, use, abuse or possession of the award granted, whether by law or principles of equity. You also waive any claims that may be brought or brought by you against the Foundation in connection with the Contest and/or the Submission of Art or any of the activities associated with, connected with, or in any way resulting from the Contest, even if the damage or claim is wholly or partly caused by omission or gross negligence committed by the foundation. You also agree to indemnify and banish harm from the Foundation for any claim arising out of your participation in the competition, including, without limitation, all claims made, brought or asserted by third parties based on any breach or damage that you or them may incur in connection with your participation in the Competition.
31. In the event that the Foundation believes, in its absolute discretion, that you did not comply with any of these rules, the Farouk Hosny Foundation for Culture & Arts has the right to disqualify you from the competition, and then you must compensate the Foundation for all costs incurred in connection with the artworks submitted by you and your participation in the competition, and in connection with the distribution ceremony Awards, including without limitation (if and as applicable) any travel costs incurred by the Foundation, refunding the cash award amount and returning any trophies or certificates to the Award at their own expense.
32. Under no circumstances will the Foundation be liable for any participation that is lost, delayed, missing, stolen, unclear or incomplete.
33. Under no circumstance shall the Foundation be liable in the event of not being able to hold the competition as expected for any reason or other reasons beyond the foundation’s control that impede or affect the proper administration, security, impartiality or integrity of the Contest or its proper conduct, the Foundation shall, in accordance with in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition as it deems appropriate and/or disqualify any participant from and/or select winners from among all submitted art critique studies prior to termination, cancellation, modification or suspension. The Foundation also reserves the right to correct any typing or typographical error, computer software or operational errors at any time.